Ride with the Superior Braking Performance of SAF Air Disc Brakes
SAF -HOLLAND is recognized as a global leader in air disc brake technology, with millions of disc brake axles in service, worldwide, since 1996.
Leveraging its global network of engineering, testing and manufacturing expertise, SAF-HOLLAND has developed the P89™ air disc brake system to meet the unique requirements of the North American trailer market.
Featuring Haldex Calipers and Actuators
Enhanced Safety is Reason Enough.
Fleets recognize the safety advantages of air disc brakes and are making it their number one priority as evidenced in a recent truck safety survey.
SAF P89 disc brakes will assure the stopping performance you expect, after all SAF is the global leader in trailer air disc brakes.
Considerable Weight Savings
50 lbs. Per Tandem Savings when compared to drum brake systems.
- Significantly Longer Brake Pad Life for Extended Service Intervals – Some fleets have reported a substantial increase in miles between brake jobs.
- Replacing Disc Brake Pads Takes Less Than Half the Time – When compared to replacing conventional drum brake linings.
- The Automatic Brake Adjustment Mechanism – Built into the disc brake caliper. This means there are no slack adjusters to maintain and brake stroke to control.
- Lower Risk for Out-of-Service Adjustment Violations – When compared to drum brakes.
- Designed to Accept Industry Standard Wear Parts.
- Five-Year Parts and Labor Warranty.
Reduced Brake Fade – Traditional brake drums expand away from the brake lining during hard braking, resulting in brake fade. Disc brake rotors expand toward the brake pads during similar braking events, essentially eliminating mechanical brake fade and shortening the stopping distances compared to drum brake systems.
Air Disc vs Drum Brake Comparison
Braking from 60mph
Braking from 75mph
Designed for North America
- Haldex SBS2220H20 single piston caliper is the industry’s lightest weight single piston design with a T-shaped, wide thrust plate to ensure even force distribution and sufficient support to the pad back plate.
- Sealed stainless steel leading and trailing slide pins with lubrication free bushings for robust, long life performance.
- Haldex LifeSeal+ premium spring brake actuators, the only truly sealed actuator on the market for extended life.
- Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pads – Copper-free pad material provides the optimum balance of stopping power and long wear life to extend service intervals.
- Heavy-Duty Vented Rotor – large internal cooling channels and 30% more wearable rotor surface than comparable designs. More evenly dissipates heat to reduce rotor distortion for a long service life.
- Heavy-Duty Parallel Spindle Wheel End – robust spindle design with large 89mm inner and outer wheel bearings for enhanced performance, reliability and unmatched durability.
Tire Pilot Plus™
Improve Profitability by Enhancing Tire Life, Fuel Efficiency and Uptime
Optional Tire Pilot Plus™ not only controls pressure through inflation, but also maintains equal pressure across all wheels and features high pressure relief for overinflated tires.
The robust design sets it apart from competitive designs with durable components.
Proper Air Pressure is Critical to Tire Life
Optimizes traction, handling and maximizes tire life.
Accelerates irregular tread wear, increases rolling resistance, and reduces fuel efficiency by up to 2%.
Only reduces tire life and traction. Tire is susceptible to tread damage and punctures.
Introduction to Tire Pilot Plus™
SAF P89™ Air Disc Brakes
The Commercial Warranty on the P89™ air disc brakes for US and Canada, sets the standard in the air ride suspension market. SAF-HOLLAND offers you the confidence and peace of mind that no other suspension manufacturer can.
1. Excludes wear items such as slide pins, bushings, and rubber boots. These items are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects.
2. Excludes normal wear. Pads are warranted to be free from material and workmanship defects
3. Excludes heat cracks and corrosion perforation of the rotor.